« View county listExcessive Heat Warning
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...SOUTHAVEN...OLIVE BRANCH...SENATOBIA...
207 PM CDT TUE JUL 28 2015
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM CDT WEDNESDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MEMPHIS HAS ISSUED AN EXCESSIVE
HEAT WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM CDT WEDNESDAY. THE
HEAT ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
* HEAT INDEX READINGS...ABOVE 110 DEGREES. OVERNIGHT LOW
TEMPERATURES FROM THE MIDDLE 70S TO LOWER 80S WILL PROVIDE
LITTLE RELIEF FOR THOSE WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING.
* TIMING...HOTTEST PART OF THE DAY BETWEEN 11 AM AND 8 PM.
UNCOMFORTABLY WARM AND HUMID THROUGH THE REST OF THE PERIOD.
* IMPACTS...INCREASED RISK OF HEAT-RELATED ILLNESSES INCLUDING
HEAT EXHAUSTION AND HEAT STROKE IF YOU DO NOT TAKE THE PROPER
AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING MEANS THAT A PROLONGED PERIOD OF
DANGEROUSLY HOT TEMPERATURES WILL OCCUR. THE COMBINATION OF HOT
TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL COMBINE TO CREATE A DANGEROUS
SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE LIKELY. DRINK PLENTY OF
FLUIDS...STAY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM...STAY OUT OF THE SUN...
AND CHECK UP ON RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS.
948 AM CDT TUE JUL 28 2015
The Flood Advisory continues for
the Mississippi River at Memphis
* until Saturday August 1 at the latest.
* At 9 AM Tuesday the stage was 30.6 feet and falling.
* Flood stage is 34.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall at a quicker pace.
* At 30.0 feet...In Memphis, the boat landing on the north end of Mud
Island at the mouth of the Wolf River is covered. In Arkansas,
recreational vehicle park south of West Memphis starts to flood.
Dacus Lake Road is flooding north and south of I-40. The river is
against the toe of the levee from the north Shelby County line
south to near Sulcer Road. Water is encroaching the levee near the
south end of Island 40 Chute. The camp near Mound City is flooding.
Water is beginning to flood the settlement near Blue Lake.
LAT...LON 3539 9025 3539 8995 3533 9005 3513 9004
3491 9008 3491 9041