« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Including the cities of Petoskey, Cheboygan, Rogers City,
Charlevoix, Gaylord, and Atlanta
1118 PM EST Thu Feb 23 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 1 AM EST
* Snow will increase overnight and transition to a wintry mix of
snow...sleet and freezing rain later Friday morning.
* The heaviest snowfall rates will occur between 4 AM and noon
Friday...and the greatest amount of ice accumulation will occur between
7 PM Friday and 1 AM Saturday.
* Snow accumulations of 2 to 5 inches and ice accumulations of one
to two tenths of an inch are expected.
* Look for reduced visibilities at times.
* power outages and tree damage are likely due to the ice. Travel
will be dangerous.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while
driving. For the latest road conditions...go to the MDOT website