« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Northwest Aroostook-Northeast Aroostook-Northern Somerset-
Northern Piscataquis-Northern Penobscot-Southeast Aroostook-
Central Piscataquis-Central Penobscot-Southern Penobscot-
Interior Hancock-Central Washington-Southern Piscataquis-
Including the cities of Allagash, Clayton Lake, Madawaska,
Fort Kent, Frenchville, Presque Isle, Caribou, Van Buren,
Mars Hill, Baker Lake, Billy-Jack Depot, Baxter St Park,
Chamberlain Lake, Churchill Dam, Mount Katahdin, Millinocket,
East Millinocket, Patten, Medway, Houlton, Hodgdon, Sherman,
Smyrna Mills, Greenville, Monson, Blanchard, Lincoln, Howland,
Springfield, Bangor, Brewer, Orono, Old Town, Amherst, Aurora,
Dedham, Eastbrook, Great Pond, Orland, Calais, Grand Lake Stream,
Wesley, Perry, Princeton, Dover-Foxcroft, Milo, Guilford,
Danforth, Vanceboro, and Topsfield
239 PM EDT Sun Mar 26 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 10 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Caribou has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for a wintry mix...which is in effect from 5 AM
to 10 PM EDT Monday.
* LOCATIONS...Northern Maine...the Penobscot region including
greater Bangor...and interior downeast Maine.
* HAZARD TYPES...Snow...sleet and freezing rain.
* ACCUMULATIONS...Snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches.
* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...A tenth of an inch or less.
* TIMING...Early Monday morning through early Monday evening.
* IMPACTS...Expect some travel difficulties. Snow, sleet and a
thin glaze of ice will produce slippery conditions.
* WINDS...Southeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* TEMPERATURES...In the 20s across the north and low to mid 30s by
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while