« View county listFlood Warning
910 PM CST Tue Feb 20 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
The Illinois River at Henry.
* From Wednesday afternoon until further notice.
* At 845 PM Tuesday the stage was 19.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 23.0 feet.
* Major flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by tomorrow afternoon and
continue to rise to near 31.5 feet by Saturday afternoon.
* Impact...At 32.0 feet...Water begins flooding parts of Illinois
Route 18 between Henry and Illinois Route 26. Parts of Illinois
Route 17 begin to flood.
Fld Observed Forecast 6AM
Location Stg Stg Day Time Wed Thu Fri
Henry 23 19.0 Tue 9 PM 21.1 26.0 29.5
LAT...LON 4131 8939 4135 8929 4113 8929 4093 8941
4093 8952 4115 8939
Including the cities of Peoria, Lacon, Eureka, Canton, Pekin,
Bloomington, Normal, Rushville, Havana, Lincoln, Clinton,
Monticello, Champaign, Urbana, Danville, Beardstown, Petersburg,
Winchester, Jacksonville, Springfield, Taylorville, Decatur,
Sullivan, Tuscola, Charleston, Mattoon, Paris, Shelbyville,
Greenup, Marshall, Effingham, Newton, Robinson, Flora, Olney,
558 PM CST Tue Feb 20 2018
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of central Illinois, east central Illinois, southeast
Illinois, and west central Illinois, including the following
areas, in central Illinois, Christian, De Witt, Logan, Macon,
Marshall, Mason, McLean, Menard, Peoria, Piatt, Sangamon,
Shelby, Tazewell, and Woodford. In east central Illinois,
Champaign, Clark, Coles, Cumberland, Douglas, Edgar, Moultrie,
and Vermilion. In southeast Illinois, Clay, Crawford,
Effingham, Jasper, Lawrence, and Richland. In west central
Illinois, Cass, Fulton, Morgan, Schuyler, and Scott.
* Through late tonight
* Rainfall amounts of around an inch are expected through
tonight. Much of the area has already received 1 to 3 inches
since Monday morning.
* This additional rainfall will cause flooding of area rivers
and streams across central through east central Illinois.
Ponding of water on low roadways and near ditches is also
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Including the cities of Galesburg, Toulon, Peoria, Lacon, Eureka,
Canton, Pekin, Rushville, Havana, Beardstown, Winchester,
309 PM CST Tue Feb 20 2018
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST WEDNESDAY...
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total wet snow
accumulations of up to one half inch, and ice accumulations of
up to one tenth of an inch, are expected.
* WHERE...Portions of central and west central Illinois.
* WHEN...Rain is expected to change to freezing rain northwest of
the Illinois River early this evening, with the transition
closer to midnight near the river itself.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The ice will result in difficult travel
conditions, including during the morning commute on Wednesday.
Be prepared for reduced visibilities at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
The latest road conditions for Illinois can be obtained by