« View county listAir Quality Alert
Including the city of Indianapolis
405 PM EDT Wed May 23 2018
...A KNOZONE ACTION DAY HAS BEEN DECLARED...
The officials at the Office of Sustainability for the City of
Indianapolis have called for a Knozone Action Day on Thursday and
Friday...May 24 and 25.
for the following Indiana counties...
A Knozone Action Day means that a combination of the high
temperatures, light winds, and other factors, are expected to
produce conditions where high levels of ozone emissions may exceed
federally mandated standards.
Here are some recommended actions that the public can take to reduce
ozone forming emissions:
* Walk, bike, carpool or use public transportation.
* Avoid using the drive-through and combine errands into one trip.
* Avoid refueling your vehicle or using gasoline-powered lawn
equipment until after 7pm.
* Turn off your engine when idling for more than 30 seconds.
* Conserve energy by turning off lights or setting the air
conditioner to 75 degrees or above.