« View county listAir Quality Alert
Including the cities of Anderson, Muncie, Shelbyville,
Bloomington, Columbus, Vincennes, and Seymour
236 PM EDT Tue Sep 18 2018
...AN OZONE ACTION DAY HAS BEEN DECLARED...
The officials at the Indiana Department of Environmental
Management have called for an Ozone Action Day on Wednesday...
September 19 for the following Indiana counties...
Boone, Hamilton, Madison, Delaware, Hendricks, Hancock, Morgan,
Johnson, Shelby, Greene, Monroe, Brown, Bartholomew, Knox,
Daviess, and Jackson.
An Ozone Action Day means that a combination of the high
temperatures, light winds, and other factors, are expected to
produce conditions where high levels of ozone emissions may exceed
federally mandated standards.
Here are some recommended actions that the public can take to reduce
ozone forming emissions:
* Walk, bike, carpool or use public transportation.
* Avoid using the drive-through and combine errands into one trip.
* Avoid refueling your vehicle or using gasoline-powered lawn
equipment until after 7pm.
* Turn off your engine when idling for more than 30 seconds.
* Conserve energy by turning off lights or setting the air
conditioner to 75 degrees or above.