« View county listFlood Warning
814 PM CST Wed Feb 21 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
The Illinois River at Peoria.
* From Thursday morning until further notice.
* At 745 PM Wednesday the stage was 15.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by tomorrow morning and continue
to rise to near 26.5 feet by Sunday morning.
* Impact...At 26.5 feet...Several houses in Rome and Chillicothe
become isolated. Homes on Sunset Dr. between North Ave. and Collins
Ave...4 miles SSW of Bay View Gardens...are surrounded by water. In
Spring Bay...North Lake Street from Missouri St. to Zimmerman Rd.
Fld Observed Forecast 6AM
Location Stg Stg Day Time Thu Fri Sat
Peoria 18 15.8 Wed 8 PM 17.5 21.3 24.9
LAT...LON 4093 8952 4093 8941 4062 8957 4047 8980
4053 8988 4068 8965
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Including the cities of Galesburg, Toulon, Peoria, Lacon, Eureka,
Canton, Pekin, Bloomington, Normal, Rushville, Havana, Lincoln,
Clinton, Beardstown, and Petersburg
1036 PM CST Wed Feb 21 2018
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total sleet and snow
accumulations less than one half inch, and ice accumulations of
a light glaze are expected.
* WHERE...Portions of central and west central Illinois.
* WHEN...From midnight tonight to noon CST Thursday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions,
including during the morning commute on Thursday. Be prepared
for reduced visibilities at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
The latest road conditions for Illinois can be obtained by