« View county listFlash Flood Watch
Lyon IA-Osceola-Dickinson-Sioux-O'Brien-Clay IA-Plymouth-Cherokee-
Lincoln SD-Bon Homme-Yankton-Clay SD-Union-
959 AM CDT Wed Jun 20 2018
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM CDT THIS
AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of Iowa, northeast Nebraska, and southeast South
Dakota, including the following areas, in Iowa, Buena Vista,
Cherokee, Clay IA, Dickinson, Ida, Lyon IA, O'Brien, Osceola,
Plymouth, Sioux, and Woodbury. In northeast Nebraska, Dakota
and Dixon. In southeast South Dakota, Bon Homme, Clay SD,
Hutchinson, Lincoln SD, Turner, Union, and Yankton.
* From 1 PM CDT this afternoon through Thursday morning
* Rain will continue through the day today. By this afternoon,
renewed thunderstorm activity will bring an increasing risk for
excessive rainfall into and through this evening and the early
overnight hours of Thursday. Rainfall totals by Thursday morning
may range from 1 inch to as many as 4 or more inches.
* This long duration rainfall event will bring an increased risk
for river and stream flooding, especially in areas that have
recently received heavy rainfall this week. Flash flooding
will be possible, especially in thunderstorms, where rainfall
rates will be much higher.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
627 AM CDT Wed Jun 20 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
The Little Sioux River At Linn Grove.
* until Sunday morning.
* At 06AM Wednesday the stage was 18.14 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 18.00 feet.
* Forecast...The river will rise to 18.4 feet by 7 AM Thursday.
* At stages near 18.5 feet...The city park in Sioux Rapids is
LAT...LON 4302 9510 4299 9503 4287 9512 4288 9536
4296 9543 4293 9520