« View county listFlood Warning
935 PM EDT Tue Apr 24 2018
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Oconee River near Milledgeville.
* From late tonight until Thursday evening.
* At 9PM Tuesday the stage was 20.9 feet...and rising.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 22.0 feet.
* Forecast to rise above flood stage by early tomorrow and continue
to rise to near 25.2 feet by early Thursday morning. The river will
fall below flood stage Thursday afternoon.
* At 24 feet...Minor flooding continues upstream and downstream
from the gage located around one half mile upstream from the
Georgia Highway 22 and 24 bridge. The parking lot and portions of
the Oconee River Greenway Park just downstream from the bridge will
be flooded. Low lying areas of woodlands and pasture near the river
will be flooded one to two feet deep. Sinclair Dam will likely have
two gates open to reach this height.
LAT...LON 3313 8325 3314 8317 3308 8317 3302 8313
3297 8316 3304 8324