« View county listWinter Storm Warning
West Elk and Sawatch Mountains-Northwest San Juan Mountains-
Southwest San Juan Mountains-
324 AM MST Tue Feb 28 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT MST
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...Crested Butte, Taylor Park, Marble,
Telluride, Ouray, Lake City, Silverton, Rico, and Hesperus.
* Timing...Periods of snow, heavy at times, will continue through
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...10 to 20 inches with locally higher
amounts along southwest facing slopes above 10000 feet.
* WINDS...Southwest at 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 40 mph above
9500 feet. Winds gradually turn westerly then northwest and
decrease this afternoon.
* VISIBILITY...Less than 1/2 mile at times in moderate to heavy
snow and blowing snow.
* IMPACTS...Heavy snowfall and strong winds will create
hazardous driving conditions. Mountain roadways will be icy
and/or snowpacked at times.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are
expected or occurring. Strong winds and blowing snow are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.