« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Grand and Battlement Mesas-
Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain Valleys-
West Elk and Sawatch Mountains-Flat Tops-
735 AM MDT Tue Mar 28 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MDT
WEDNESDAY ABOVE 9000 FEET...
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...Taylor Park and Trappers Lake.
* TIMING...Snow will continue through late Wednesday morning with
lulls along with periods of moderate to heavy snow at times.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...An additional 6 to 10 inches of new snow
bringing snowfall totals of 6 to 12 inches, mainly above 9,000
feet. Locally higher amounts above 10,000 feet.
* SNOW LEVEL...Snow levels will rise to near 8500 feet during the
day, then lower below mountain bases tonight.
* WINDS...North 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* VISIBILITY...Lowering to less than 1/2 mile at times in
heavier snow showers.
* IMPACTS...High elevation roadways will be slick and snowpacked.
In addition, snow and areas of blowing snow will reduce
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while