« View county listWind Advisory
San Bernardino County Mountains-Riverside County Mountains-
San Diego County Mountains-San Gorgonio Pass Near Banning-
Including the cities of Big Bear City, Wrightwood, Julian,
Pine Valley, and Desert Hot Springs
207 AM PST Mon Feb 27 2017
...WIND ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST TUESDAY...
* WINDS...West 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph. Isolated gusts to
65 mph at times in the most wind-prone areas.
* TIMING...Strongest winds are expected through late
tonight...gradually decreasing Tuesday morning.
* LOCATION...Strongest winds are expected near mountain ridge
tops onto the desert slopes of the mountains and in the
northern Coachella Valley below the San Gorgonio Pass.
* IMPACTS...Driving will be hazardous for motorists in high
* REPORTS...Strongest gusts through 2 AM of 63 mph at Whitewater
in the northern Coachella Valley...and 62 mph at Volcan Mountain
in the San Diego County Mountains.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 35 mph, or gusts of
50 mph or more are expected. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult...especially for motorists in high profile vehicles.
Use extra caution.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Riverside County Mountains-San Diego County Mountains-
INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS Idyllwild-Pine Cove
224 AM PST Mon Feb 27 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM THIS MORNING TO
10 PM PST THIS EVENING...
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory...which is in effect from 8 AM this morning to
10 PM PST this evening.
* Snow Levels...near 4000 feet early this morning...rising to 5000
to 5500 feet this afternoon...then lowering to 4000 feet late
* Timing...Lighter snowfall this morning...then a round of heavier
snowfall for late afternoon through this evening.
* Snow Accumulations...A few inches of snowfall early this
morning...with total snowfall of 3 to 6 inches through late
evening...with isolated snowfall to 8 inches on the highest
* Winds...Areas of west winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph.
Isolated gusts to 65 mph.
* Visibility...Reduced to near zero at times in snow...blowing
snow...and dense fog.
* Impacts...Residents and travelers into higher elevations in the
mountains should be prepared for hazardous driving conditions
due to slick roads. If possible...carry chains and take extra
food and clothing.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause
travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities...and use caution while driving.