« View county listFire Weather Warning
Mono and Eastern Alpine Counties-
605 AM PDT Thu Oct 19 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT THIS EVENING FOR
GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR MONO AND EASTERN ALPINE COUNTIES...
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a Red Flag
Warning for gusty winds and low humidity, which is in effect
until 8 PM PDT this evening.
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire Zone 273 Mono and Eastern Alpine Counties.
* Winds...Southwest winds increasing to 15 to 25 mph with gusts to
40 mph by early afternoon. Local gusts to 50 mph in wind prone
areas north of Bridgeport this afternoon and early evening.
* Humidity...10 to 20% rising above 30% around 9 pm.
* Duration...4 to 8 hours.
* Impacts...The combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.gov/reno for
updates and livingwithfire.info for preparedness tips.
$$Lake Wind Advisory
Greater Lake Tahoe Area-
Including the cities of South Lake Tahoe, Stateline,
and Incline Village
917 AM PDT Thu Oct 19 2017
...LAKE WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM PDT FRIDAY FOR
* Winds: Southwest to west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Wave Heights: 2 to 4 feet from mid-lake to eastern shores.
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to
capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Western Plumas County/Lassen Park-
West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada-
935 AM PDT Thu Oct 19 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS
EVENING TO 11 AM PDT FRIDAY ABOVE 6500 FEET...
* WHAT... Snow expected. Plan on slippery road conditions.
Strong, gusty winds may impact driving and visibility. Total
snow accumulations up to 3 to 6 inches are expected above 6500
* WHERE...Western Plumas County/Lassen Park and West Slope
* WHEN...11 PM Thursday to 11 AM Friday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.