« View county listHigh Wind Watch
Wind River Mountains East-Lander Foothills-
Including the city of Lander
210 PM MST Sun Feb 19 2017
...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a High Wind
Watch, which is in effect from late tonight through Tuesday
* TIMING...High winds are expected to develop around 5 am mst
Monday morning continuing through Tuesday morning.
* WINDS...west wind 35 to 45 mph gusting to 65 mph, locally higher
up to 75 mph on South Pass.
* IMPACTS...Strong cross winds may produce an extreme blow over
threat for trucks pulling light weight and high profile trailers.
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph...or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
$$Winter Storm Watch
Yellowstone National Park-Absaroka Mountains-
Teton and Gros Ventre Mountains-Wind River Mountains West-
Salt River and Wyoming Ranges-
Including the cities of Lake, Mammoth, and Old Faithful
229 PM MST Sun Feb 19 2017
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a Winter
Storm Watch, which is in effect from Monday afternoon through
* TIMING...Snow and strong winds are expected to move into the
western mountains of Wyoming Monday afternoon. Snow and wind are
expected to continue through Tuesday evening.
* Snowfall accumulation's...snowfall of 12 to 24 inches is
expected possibly up to 30 inches in the Teton mountains.
* Wind and Visibility...west to southwest winds of 20 to 30 mph
with gusts to 45 mph on the passes and upper ridges. Visibility
frequently below a quarter mile in heavy snow and blowing snow.
* MAIN IMPACT...Travel may become very difficult over the mountain
A winter storm watch means there is a potential for significant
snow and/or blowing snow that may impact travel. Continue to
monitor the latest forecasts.