« View county listWind Advisory
Including the cities of West Jefferson, Boone, Tazewell, Marion,
Independence, Whitetop, Troutdale, Volney, Bluefield, Flat Top,
Hinton, Hix, Quinwood, Duo, and Rainelle
823 PM EDT Mon Apr 23 2018
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM EDT TUESDAY...
* Locations...North Carolina High Country, Grayson Highlands,
the higher terrain of Tazewell and Smyth County Virginia, into
southeast West Virginia.
* Hazards...Strong southeast winds.
* Winds...Southeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing...Until 2 am Tuesday. Gusts will continue to slowly
increase through midnight before abating after midnight.
* Impacts...These winds could down smaller trees and limbs,
especially as soils become saturated from prolonged moderate
rainfall. Isolated power outages are possible. High profile
vehicles will find it difficult to maneuver at times.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 MPH or gusts will range between 46 and 57 MPH. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.