« View county listWinter Storm Warning
Including the cities of Ashland, Hurley, Hayward, and Phillips
401 AM CST Fri Feb 24 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST
* TIMING...Snow over southern portions of Sawyer and Price
Counties early this morning will expand north and west through
the day. The snow will continue this evening then decrease in
coverage and intensity for most areas overnight. The exception
will be in the snowbelt of Ashland and Iron Counties which will
see snow through the night.
* LOCATIONS...The highest snowfall amounts are expected over far
southeast Sawyer County, eastern Ashland County, and over much
of Price and Iron Counties. The Hayward area may only receive 2
to 3 inches.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...5 to nearly 9 inches in the heaviest snow
area to 2 to 5 inches over western Ashland and the western half
of Sawyer Counties.
* WINDS...North 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* VISIBILITIES...Less than one half mile in the heavier snow.
* IMPACTS...Snow accumulation will make travel difficult.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means significant snow
accumulation is anticipated and snowfall rates of one inch per
hour or greater can be expected at times. Expect snow covered
roads and visibility less than one-half mile. If you must travel,
exercise extreme caution and allow extra time to reach your