« View county listFlood Advisory
132 PM PDT WED MAY 24 2017
...THE SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR SNOWMELT REMAINS IN EFFECT
UNTIL 645 PM PDT THURSDAY FOR NORTHWESTERN OKANOGAN COUNTY...
At 128 PM PDT, emergency management reported snowmelt causing small
stream flooding on Salmon Creek around Conconully and surrounding
areas. Runoff from snowmelt is expected to keep the creek running
high with possible road closures.
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Conconully and Alder Campground.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated, or ponding
of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
LAT...LON 4865 11982 4856 11973 4855 11976 4859 11978
4863 11983 4862 11989
443 AM PDT Thu May 25 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Okanogan River near Tonasket.
* Until further notice.
* At 4:15 AM Thursday the stage was 16.40 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.00 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to continue to rise to near 17.0
feet by Friday late morning ...Then begin falling through the
weekend but remain above flood stage. An additional rise is possible
by early next week.
LAT...LON 4895 11945 4893 11932 4825 11951 4832 11968 4895 11945
* At 17.0 feet...Low lying fields and pasture land in the flood plain
along the Okanogan river valley, from Oroville to Okanogan, will be
flooded. Some homes near the river in Okanogan may experience some
basement flooding from seepage. Water will be between the railroad
and Highway 97 near Cordell, south of Oroville. Water will be
against the shoulder of Omak River Road across from Wanacut Creek.
* At 16.0 feet...Pasture land between Rodeo Track Road and Benton
Street, on the east side of the river near Omak, will begin to
* At 15.0 feet...Minor flooding of low-lying areas is likely between
Oroville and Tonasket.