« View county listFlood Warning
1238 PM PDT TUE MAY 22 2018
...A FLOOD WARNING FOR SNOWMELT REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 415 PM PDT
FRIDAY FOR NORTHEASTERN OKANOGAN COUNTY...
Water levels are receeding on Osoyoos Lake but water levels remain
high with ongoing flooding. Small rises in the lake level are
possible later this week.
Flooding impacts that can be expected include:
Flooding of Osoyoos Lake Veteran's Memorial Park
Flooding of low-lying lake shore property.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. All
interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately.
LAT...LON 4895 11941 4894 11945 4900 11948 4900 11942
952 PM PDT Wed May 23 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
The Okanogan River near Tonasket.
* until further notice.
* At 9:15 PM Wednesday the stage was 16.45 feet.
* Flood stage is 15 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to near the moderate
flood stage of 17 feet on Sunday. A gradual recession of the
Okanogan River is expected next week through the early portion of
* At 17.0 feet...Low lying fields and pasture land in the flood
plain along the Okanogan river valley, from Oroville to Okanogan,
will be flooded. Some homes near the river in Okanogan may
experience some basement flooding from seepage. Water will be
between the railroad and Highway 97 near Cordell, south of
Oroville. Water will be against the shoulder of Omak River Road
across from Wanacut Creek.
* At 16.0 feet...Pasture land between Rodeo Track Road and Benton
Street, on the east side of the river near Omak, will begin to
* At 15.0 feet...Minor flooding of low-lying areas is likely between
Oroville and Tonasket.
LAT...LON 4895 11945 4893 11932 4825 11951 4832 11968 4895 11945