« View county listFlood Warning
545 PM PDT Sun Oct 22 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Cowlitz River at Randle
* Until late tonight.
* At 5:00 PM Sunday the stage was 20.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring.
* Forecast...The river crested at 20.3 feet at 3 PM Sunday and will
continue to fall to below flood stage tonight.
* Impact...At 20.0 feet, the Cowlitz River will cause flooding from
the vicinity of Randle downstream through Riffe Lake...inundating
many roads including US Highway 12 and much of the farm lands.
LAT...LON 4645 12180 4645 12194 4640 12219 4654 12220 4659 12198
1151 AM PDT Sun Oct 22 2017
...FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH MONDAY MORNING...
The Flood Watch is now in effect for
* A portion of west central Washington, including the following
counties, Lewis and Thurston.
* Through Monday morning
* Heavy rain across the area has come to an end but some rivers in
southwestern Washington are above flood stage. At this time, it
appears that the crest on the Chehalis will move downstream
today, and the reach of the Chehalis at Grand Mound could get
close to flood stage on Monday.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.