« View county listWinter Storm Warning
Western Essex-Windsor-Eastern Rutland-
Including the cities of Lake Placid, Springfield,
White River Junction, East Wallingford, and Killington
339 PM EDT Thu Mar 30 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM FRIDAY TO
2 PM EDT SATURDAY...
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the Winter
Storm Warning for heavy snow, from 5 AM Friday to 2 PM EDT
* Locations...Southern Vermont including eastern Rutland and
* Hazard Types...Heavy wet snow.
* Accumulations...6 to 12 inches of heavy dense snow.
* Maximum Snowfall Rate...Up to 1 inch per hour, mainly Friday
evening through midnight.
* Timing..Snow will begin Friday morning before possibly mixing
with rain below 1000 feet Friday afternoon. Snow will continue
at higher elevations Friday into Friday night before tapering
off Saturday morning. The heaviest snowfall will occur
from Friday evening through early Saturday morning.
* Impacts...Heavy wet snow will accumulate on trees and power
lines which will lead to the potential for scattered power
outages across southern Vermont. Additionally, hazardous
travel conditions are expected on local roads.
* Winds...East 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Temperatures...Highs in the mid 30s on Friday with lows in the
upper 20s Friday night.
* Visibilities...As low as a half mile at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel, Keep an extra flashlight, food,
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio, your local media, or go
to www.weather.gov/Burlington for further updates on this weather