« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Western Rutland-Eastern Addison-
Including the cities of Rutland, Bristol, and Ripton
345 AM EDT Thu Mar 30 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM FRIDAY TO 2 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow, which is in effect from 5 AM Friday to
2 PM EDT Saturday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations...Southern Vermont including western Rutland and
eastern Addison Counties.
* Hazard Types...Moderate wet snowfall.
* Accumulations...4 to 8 inches.
* Maximum Snowfall Rate...Up to 1 inch per hour, mainly Friday
evening through midnight.
* Timing...Snow will begin Friday morning before possibly mixing
with rain or snow below 1000 feet Friday afternoon. Snow will
continue at higher elevations Friday into Friday night before
tapering off Saturday morning.
* Impacts...Wet snow may accumulate on trees and power lines which
could lead to isolated power outages across the advisory area.
Additionally, difficult travel conditions are expected on local
* Winds...Southeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures...Lows in the upper 20s to lower 30s. Highs in the
* Visibilities...As low as a half mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads
and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio, your local media, or
go to www.weather.gov/Burlington for further updates on this