« View county listWinter Storm Warning
Including the cities of Springfield, White River Junction,
East Wallingford, and Killington
345 AM EDT Thu Mar 30 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM FRIDAY TO 2 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for heavy snow, which is in effect from 5 AM Friday
to 2 PM EDT Saturday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in
* Locations...Southern Vermont including eastern Rutland and
* Hazard Types...Heavy wet snow.
* Accumulations...6 to 12 inches.
* Maximum Snowfall Rate...Up to 1 inch per hour, mainly Friday
evening and Friday night.
* Timing..Snow will begin Friday morning before possibly mixing
with rain below 1000 feet Friday afternoon. Snow will continue
at higher elevations Friday into Friday night before tapering
off Saturday morning.
* Impacts...Heavy wet snow will accumulate on trees and power
lines which will lead to the potential for scattered power
outages across southern Vermont. Additionally, hazardous travel
conditions are expected on local roads.
* Winds...Southeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures...Lows in the upper 20s to lower 30s. Highs in the
lower to mid 30s.
* Visibilities...As low as a half mile at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel, Keep an extra flashlight, food, and
water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio, your local media, or go
to www.weather.gov/Burlington for further updates on this weather