« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Wasatch Mountains I-80 North-Wasatch Mountains South of I-80-
Western Uinta Mountains-
Including the cities of Woodruff, Randolph, Alta, Brighton,
and Mirror Lake Highway
302 PM MST Tue Feb 21 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM MST FRIDAY...
* AFFECTED AREA...The Wasatch and Western Uinta Mountains.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...12 to 24 inches through Thursday night.
* TIMING...Snow will develop late this afternoon and become heavy
at times tonight. This snow will taper off Wednesday morning,
but will pick up again Wednesday afternoon, and continue at
times through Thursday before tapering off Thursday night.
* SNOW LEVELS...At or above 8000 feet this afternoon falling
below 6000 feet tonight.
* WINDS...Strong southwest winds gusting in excess of 50 mph along
ridges will continue through this afternoon before becoming
westerly and diminishing tonight.
* IMPACTS...Winter driving conditions can be expected along all
mountain routes at times beginning this evening, and continuing
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that snow accumulations
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads. Use caution while driving.
For winter road conditions from the Utah Department of
http://www.udottraffic.utah.gov/roadweatherforecast.aspx or dial