« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
La Sal and Abajo Mountains-
454 AM MDT Mon Mar 27 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS
EVENING TO 9 AM MDT WEDNESDAY ABOVE 9000 FEET...
* LOCATIONS...La Sal and Abajo mountains
* TIMING...Light snow or a rain/snow mix will begin this
afternoon, changing over to all snow by this evening and picking
up in intensity. Snow will continue through late Wednesday
morning with lulls along with periods of moderate to heavy snow
at times through this event.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...6 to 12 inches with locally higher amounts
above 10,000 feet.
* SNOW LEVEL...8000 to 9000 feet this afternoon, lowering to
around 6000 to 7000 feet by Wednesday morning. Snow levels may rise
during the afternoons. Significant snow accumulations will be
mainly above 9000 feet, with lesser amounts below.
* WINDS...Southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph this
afternoon switching to northwest by Tuesday morning.
* VISIBILITY...Lowering to less than 1/2 mile at times in heavier
* IMPACTS...High elevation roadways will become slick and
snowpacked. In addition, snow and areas of blowing snow will
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while