« View county listHigh Wind Watch
Great Salt Lake Desert and Mountains-
Including the cities of Wendover and Snowville
303 PM MDT Wed Mar 29 2017
...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a High
Wind Watch...which is in effect from Thursday afternoon through
late Thursday night.
* AFFECTED AREA...The Great Salt Lake Desert and Mountains
including Interstate 80 from the Utah and Nevada border to west
of Salt Lake City.
* WINDS...Northwest winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts in excess of 60
mph are possible.
* TIMING...Strong winds will develop behind a cold front crossing
the area Thursday afternoon and continue into the evening before
* IMPACTS...Strong northwest crosswinds can be expected on east-
west routes in the area including Interstate 80 from the Utah
and Nevada border to west of Salt Lake City.
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Wasatch Mountains I-80 North-Wasatch Mountains South of I-80-
Wasatch Plateau/Book Cliffs-
Including the cities of Woodruff, Randolph, Alta, Brighton,
331 PM MDT Wed Mar 29 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THURSDAY TO 6 AM
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a
Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow...which is in
effect from 6 PM Thursday to 6 AM MDT Saturday.
* AFFECTED AREA...Wasatch Mountains and the Wasatch Plateau and
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...8 to 16 inches
* TIMING...Snow will develop Thursday afternoon and become heavy
at times during the evening. Periods of snow, heavy at times,
will continue into Friday night before diminishing Saturday
* WINDS...East to northeast 25 to 35 mph with higher gusts will be
possible late Thursday night into Saturday, especially across
the Wasatch Range.
* IMPACTS...Occasional winter driving conditions can be expected
across most routes including Parleys and Soldier Summits.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that visibilities will be limited
due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when
traveling, especially in open areas.
For winter road conditions from the Utah Department of
http://www.udottraffic.utah.gov/roadweatherforecast.aspx or dial