« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Wasatch Mountains I-80 North-Wasatch Mountains South of I-80-
Western Uinta Mountains-
Including the cities of Woodruff, Randolph, Alta, Brighton,
and Mirror Lake Highway
1006 AM MST Tue Feb 21 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS
AFTERNOON TO 11 AM MST WEDNESDAY...
* AFFECTED AREA...The Wasatch and Western Uinta Mountains.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...7 to 15 inches.
* TIMING...Snow will develop late this afternoon and become
heavy at times tonight. This snow will taper off Wednesday
morning, but could pick up again Wednesday afternoon and
continue into Thursday morning with additional accumulation
* SNOW LEVELS...At or above 8000 feet this afternoon falling
below 6000 feet tonight.
* WINDS...Strong southwest winds gusting in excess of 50 mph
along ridges will continue through the day today before
becoming westerly and diminishing tonight.
* IMPACTS...Winter driving conditions are expected on mountain
routes beginning across the far north late this afternoon and
spreading south tonight. This includes Parleys Canyon and
Logan Summit. These conditions will continue into Wednesday
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that snow accumulations
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads. Use caution while driving.
For winter road conditions from the Utah Department of
http://www.udottraffic.utah.gov/roadweatherforecast.aspx or dial