« View county listWind Advisory
Great Salt Lake Desert and Mountains-
Including the cities of Wendover and Snowville
401 AM MDT Thu Mar 30 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 4 AM MDT
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a Wind
Advisory...which is in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 4 AM
MDT Friday. The High Wind Watch is no longer in effect.
* AFFECTED AREA...The Great Salt Lake Desert and Mountains
including Interstate 80 from the Utah and Nevada border to
west of Salt Lake City.
* WINDS...Northwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph.
* TIMING...Gusty northwest winds will develop this afternoon, and
continue through this evening before gradually decreasing
* IMPACTS...Strong crosswinds can be expected on east-west routes
in the area including Interstate 80 from the Utah Nevada border
to west of Salt Lake City.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least 31
mph or gusts of 45 mph are expected. Motorists in the advisory
area should be prepared for sudden gusty cross winds which can
make driving difficult.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Wasatch Mountains I-80 North-Wasatch Mountains South of I-80-
Wasatch Plateau/Book Cliffs-
Including the cities of Woodruff, Randolph, Alta, Brighton,
420 AM MDT Thu Mar 30 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS
EVENING TO 6 AM MDT SATURDAY...
* AFFECTED AREA...Wasatch Mountains and the Wasatch Plateau and
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...5 to 10 inches.
* TIMING...Snow will develop this afternoon and becoming locally
heavy at times this evening. Periods of snow will continue
Friday through Friday evening before diminishing.
* SNOW LEVELS...Near 8500 feet today falling to near 6000 feet
tonight, then rising back near 7000 feet Friday.
* WINDS...East to northeast 25 to 35 mph with higher gusts will
be possible late Friday into Saturday, especially across the
* IMPACTS...Occasional winter driving conditions can be expected
across most routes including Parleys and Soldier Summits.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that visibilities will be limited
due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution
when traveling, especially in open areas.
For winter road conditions from the Utah Department of
http://www.udottraffic.utah.gov/roadweatherforecast.aspx or dial