« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Northwest San Juan Mountains-Southwest San Juan Mountains-
La Sal and Abajo Mountains-
405 AM MST Sun Feb 19 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM MST THIS
EVENING ABOVE 9000 FEET...
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE THE CITIES OF...Telluride...Silverton...Rico.
* TIMING...Occasional snow showers expected through early this
evening. The snow may be heavy at times.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...6 to 12 inches above 9000 feet with locally
higher amounts on favored south facing slopes. Lighter
accumulations down to 7000 feet.
* WINDS...South 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* IMPACTS...Moderate and occasionally heavy snowfall will make
travel difficult...especially over mountain passes. Visibility
may be reduced to under a quarter mile at times in snow and
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while