« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
La Sal and Abajo Mountains-
735 AM MDT Tue Mar 28 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM MDT
WEDNESDAY ABOVE 9000 FEET...
* LOCATIONS...La Sal and Abajo mountains
* TIMING...Snow and blowing snow will continue through late
Wednesday morning with lulls along with periods of moderate to
heavy snow at times.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...An additional, 3 to 5 inches of new snow
bringing snowfall totals to 8 to 14 inches, mainly above 9,000
feet with lesser amounts below. Locally higher amounts above
* SNOW LEVEL...Snow levels will rise to near 8500 feet during the
day, then lower below mountain bases tonight.
* WINDS...North 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* VISIBILITY...Lowering to less than 1/2 mile at times in heavier
* IMPACTS...High elevation roadways will be slick and snowpacked.
In addition, snow and areas of blowing snow will reduce
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while