« View county listFire Weather Warning
905 AM CST Tue Feb 28 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 9 PM CST THIS
EVENING FOR WINDY CONDITIONS... WARM TEMPERATURES AND LOW
RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR CENTRAL OKLAHOMA...
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a Red Flag
Warning, which is in effect from noon today to 9 PM CST this
evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* WIND...West-southwest at 15 to 30 mph, with gusts to 35 to 45
* HUMIDITY...15 to 25 percent.
* TEMPERATURE...Mid 70s to low 80s.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
* OTHER IMPACTS... A wind shift will move across the area
Tuesday evening into Tuesday night with northwest winds 15-25
mph and higher gusts. This could cause problems for any
ongoing firefighting efforts.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.