« View county listFire Weather Warning
350 AM CDT Fri Mar 23 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO 9 PM CDT
THIS EVENING FOR STRONG WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR ALL OF
THE TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA PANHANDLES...
The National Weather Service in Amarillo has issued a Red Flag
Warning for strong winds and low relative humidity, which is in
effect from 11 AM this morning to 9 PM CDT this evening. The Fire
Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected Area...In Oklahoma...Beaver. In Texas...Ochiltree...
* 20 Foot Winds...Westerly 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Relative Humidity...9 TO 15 percent.
* Red Flag Threat Index...3 to 7
* Timing...peaking from 12 pm to around 9 pm.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will
create favorable weather for rapid fire growth and spread. Avoid
activities that promote open flames and sparks.