« View county listFlash Flood Watch
LIVE OAK-BEE-GOLIAD-VICTORIA-JIM WELLS-KLEBERG-NUECES-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...GEORGE WEST...THREE RIVERS...BEEVILLE...
CORPUS CHRISTI...PORTLAND...INGLESIDE...ARANSAS PASS...SINTON...
313 AM CDT SUN MAY 24 2015
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH MONDAY MORNING...
THE FLASH FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR
* A PORTION OF SOUTH TEXAS...INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS...
OAK...NUECES...REFUGIO...SAN PATRICIO AND VICTORIA.
* THROUGH MONDAY MORNING
* ADDITIONAL ROUNDS OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS REMAIN POSSIBLE
TODAY AND EARLY MONDAY. ADDITIONAL RAINFALL TOTALS OF 1 TO 3
INCHES ARE EXPECTED...ON AVERAGE...WITH ISOLATED HIGHER AMOUNTS
* DUE TO THE VERY MOIST CONDITIONS OF THE GROUNDS AND SOILS IN
THE AREA...RAPID FLASH FLOODING WILL BE POSSIBLE WHERE HEAVY
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH MEANS FLASH FLOODING IS POSSIBLE IN OR NEAR
THE WATCH AREA. IF YOU ARE IN THE WATCH AREA...PLAN NOW FOR WHAT
YOU WILL DO IF FLASH FLOODING DEVELOPS. STAY INFORMED AND BE
READY TO ACT IF YOU SEE FLOODING OR IF A FLASH FLOOD WARNING IS
DO NOT DRIVE INTO FLOODED ROADWAYS. THE MAJORITY OF FLOOD RELATED
FATALITIES OCCUR IN VEHICLES. IF YOU SEE A FLOODED ROADWAY...
REMEMBER...TURN AROUND...DONT DROWN.
811 PM CDT SAT MAY 23 2015
...Flood Warning extended until further notice...The Flood Warning
continues for the Guadalupe River Near Bloomington.
* until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:00 PM Saturday the stage was 26.5 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Forecast: The river will continue to fall to a stage of 23.4 feet
by Monday morning and then begin to rise again.
* At 27.0 feet, major flooding occurs. Flow downstream near Highway 35
is several hundred yards wide, cutting off many of the lowest homes.
Livestock are cut off and could drown. Pumps, tank batteries, and any
equipment in the flood plain below Victoria are flooded. The
campground near Tivoli below Highway 35 and residences just above
Highway 35 are flooded.
Below are the latest river stages and stage forecasts:
FLD LATEST FORECAST 6 AM LST
LOCATION STG STG DAY TIME Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu
Bloomington 20 26.5 Sat 07 PM 26.2 23.4 23.4 25.0 26.1
LAT...LON 2869 9704 2869 9698 2867 9695 2857 9688
2845 9680 2843 9685