« View county listFlood Warning
803 PM CDT WED SEP 28 2016
The flood warning continues for
the Nueces River Near Asherton.
* At 7:30 PM Wednesday the stage was 25.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Major flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 27.9 feet by tomorrow
evening. The river will fall below flood stage Saturday morning.
* Impact...At 27.0 feet...Major widespread lowland flooding cuts off and
potentially drowns livestock above Uvalde to below Tilden. Most secondary
roads and low bridges near the river flood. Flow is within a foot of the
bottom of the Farm to Market 190 bridge and the approaches are flooded.
Below are the latest river stages and forecasts:
BF FLD Observed Forecast 7AM
Location STG STG STG Day Time Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon
Asherton 18 20 25.9 Wed 7 PM 27.7 27.4 20.4 12.9 7.8
LAT...LON 2848 9975 2853 9967 2847 9939 2839 9939