« View county listFlood Warning
1008 AM CDT SUN MAY 24 2015
The Flood Warning continues for the Nueces River At Cotulla.
* Until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:00 AM Sunday the stage was 20.2 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Forecast: The river will continue a slow fall...but will remain above
flood stage until further notice.
* At 20.0 feet Major and massive lowland flooding occur. Some evacuations
may be required. Many roads near the river will flood, including FM 3408
from I-35, Valley Wells Road, the frontage road near mile marker 67.
Flooding also occurs on Dobie Road including in and around Highway 624.
FM 624 also floods south of Highway 97 toward Fowlerton
Below are the latest river stages and stage forecasts:
FLD LATEST FORECAST 6 AM LST
LOCATION STG STG DAY TIME Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Cotulla 15 20.2 Sun 09 AM 18.6 17.8 18.3 18.4 18.0
LAT...LON 2859 9940 2818 9894 2817 9880 2807 9880
2808 9906 2841 9939