« View county listFire Weather Warning
McMullen-Live Oak-Bee-Duval-Jim Wells-Kleberg-Nueces-San Patricio-
120 PM CST Fri Feb 24 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM CST THIS AFTERNOON FOR
THE BRUSH COUNTRY AND WESTERN COASTAL BEND...
The National Weather Service in Corpus Christi has issued a Red
Flag Warning, which is in effect until 5 PM CST this afternoon.
* AFFECTED AREA...McMullen...Live Oak...Bee...Duval...Jim
* TIMING...11 AM CST TO 5 PM CST
* WIND...Northwest 15 to 20 MPH with gusts around 25 MPH.
* HUMIDITY...10 TO 20 percent inland counties and 15 to 25 percent
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior. Residents are urged to
exercise care with respect to all outdoor activities that could
inadvertently cause wildfires. Report wildfires quickly to the
nearest fire department or law enforcement office.