« View county listFire Weather Watch
NEW MEXICO FIRE WEATHER ZONE 111
SOUTHWEST DESERTS AND LOWLANDS/LAS CRUCES BLM/GLZ-
NEW MEXICO FIRE WEATHER ZONE 112
SOUTH CENTRAL LOWLANDS AND SOUTHERN RIO GRANDE VALLEY/BLM/GLZ-
TEXAS FIRE WEATHER ZONE 055
EL PASO COUNTY-TEXAS FIRE WEATHER ZONE 056
815 PM MST Thu Feb 23 2017
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FRIDAY AFTERNOON FOR LOW
RELATIVE HUMIDITIES AND WINDS OVER 20 MPH FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES
055, 056, 111, AND 112...
The National Weather Service in El Paso has issued a Fire Weather
Watch, which is in effect Friday afternoon.
* 20-FOOT WIND...20 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
* HUMIDITY...8 to 15 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
Red Flag Warnings.
Southern Tularosa Basin-Eastern/Central El Paso County-
Including the cities of Chaparral, Orogrande,
White Sands Range Headquarters, East and Northeast El Paso,
Socorro, and Fort Bliss
305 AM MST Fri Feb 24 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM MST EARLY THIS MORNING...
...HIGH WIND WARNING IS CANCELLED...
The National Weather Service in El Paso has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect until 6 AM MST early this morning.
This downgrades the High Wind Warning previously in effect.
* TIMING...Gusty winds will affect areas east of the Organ and
Franklin Mountains for a few more hours early this morning.
* WINDS...Winds speeds around 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* VISIBILITY...No significant visibility reductions expected.
* Impacts...Strong cross winds could making vehicle handling
A Wind Advisory means that winds of at least 30 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.