« View county listFire Weather Warning
327 PM CDT Thu Mar 22 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 9 PM CDT
FRIDAY FOR STRONG WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR THE WESTERN
HALF OF THE TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA PANHANDLES...
* Affected Area...In Oklahoma...Cimarron and Texas. In Texas...
Oldham...Potter...Carson...Deaf Smith...Randall and Armstrong.
* 20 Foot Winds...Westerly 30 to 40 mph with gusts around 50 mph.
* Relative Humidity...As low as 10 percent.
* Red Flag Threat Index...6 to 7.
* Timing...peaking from 12 pm to around 9 pm.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will
create favorable weather for rapid fire growth and spread. Avoid
activities that promote open flames and sparks.
$$High Wind Watch
Including the cities of Dalhart, Stratford, Hartley, Channing,
Dumas, Vega, Amarillo, Hereford, and Canyon
1055 PM CDT Thu Mar 22 2018
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH
* Timing...11 AM Friday morning through 6 PM Friday evening.
* Winds...West 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Impacts...High winds can blow down small outbuildings and
break limbs. Sudden wind gusts can cause drivers to lose
control... especially in lightweight or high profile vehicles.
Strong winds can cause blowing dust...reducing visibility...
and cause flying debris. Isolated power outages could be
A High Wind Watch means there is potential for sustained winds of
at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph or more. People in the watch
area should secure any loose outdoor items such as garbage cans
or lawn furniture. Persons planning to drive in the watch area...
especially high profile vehicles...should consider delaying
travel until the high wind threat diminishes.