« View county listFire Weather Warning
326 AM CST Thu Feb 23 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO
9 PM CST THIS EVENING FOR STRONG WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY
FOR ALL OF THE TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA PANHANDLES...
* Affected Area...In Oklahoma...Cimarron...Texas and Beaver. In
Armstrong...Donley and Collingsworth.
* 20 Foot Winds...west 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.
* Relative Humidity...dropping down to as low as 9 percent this
* Timing...Critical to Extremely Critical fire weather
conditions are expected start around 10 AM to 12 PM CST
Thursday and are expected to end around 8 PM to 9 PM CST
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will
create favorable weather for rapid fire growth and spread. Avoid
activities that promote open flames and sparks.
$$High Wind Warning
Including the cities of Boise City, Keyes, Dalhart, Stratford,
Hartley, Channing, Dumas, Vega, Amarillo, Hereford, and Canyon
323 AM CST Thu Feb 23 2017
...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 7 PM CST THIS
The National Weather Service in Amarillo has issued a High Wind
Warning...which is in effect from noon today to 7 PM CST this
evening. The High Wind Watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing...12 PM to 7 PM Thursday.
* Winds...west 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.
* Impacts...High winds can blow down small outbuildings and
break limbs. Sudden wind gusts can cause drivers to lose
control... especially in lightweight or high profile vehicles.
Strong winds can cause blowing dust...reducing visibility...
and cause flying debris. Isolated power outages could be
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.