« View county listFlood Warning
1159 AM CST Tue Feb 20 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
the S.F. Fork Forked Deer River near Halls
* until further notice.
* At 11 AM Tuesday the stage was 10.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring AND Minor flooding is forecast.
* Maximum forecast stage of 12.5 feet on Thursday February 22.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* The river continues to remain above flood stage and will rise to
near 12.5 feet by Thursday February 22 then begin falling.
* At 12.5 feet...Water is flowing over Highway 210 north of Halls.
Several low lying roads near the South Fork of the Forked Deer
River are flooded.
LAT...LON 3595 8948 3600 8940 3589 8932 3584 8940
Cross-Crittenden-St. Francis-Lee AR-Phillips-Dunklin-Pemiscot-
Including the cities of Pocahontas, Piggott, Corning,
Walnut Ridge, Paragould, Jonesboro, Harrisburg, Blytheville,
Wynne, West Memphis, Forrest City, Marianna, Helena, West Helena,
Kennett, Caruthersville, Southaven, Olive Branch, Tunica,
Clarksdale, Tiptonville, Union City, Martin, Dresden, Dyersburg,
Humboldt, Milan, Ripley TN, Covington, Brownsville, Alamo,
Bartlett, Germantown, Collierville, Memphis, and Millington
248 AM CST Tue Feb 20 2018
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH LATE
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of East Arkansas, North Mississippi, Southeast
Missouri, and West Tennessee, including the following areas,
in East Arkansas, Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Greene,
Lawrence, Lee, Mississippi, Phillips, Poinsett, Randolph, and
St. Francis. In North Mississippi, Coahoma, DeSoto, and
Tunica. In Southeast Missouri, Dunklin and Pemiscot. In West
Tennessee, Crockett, Dyer, Gibson, Haywood, Lake, Lauderdale,
Obion, Shelby, Tipton, and Weakley.
* From late tonight through late Wednesday night.
* Heavy rainfall is expected across much of the Mid-South.
Rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches, with localized higher
amounts, are possible across much of the area. The heaviest
rainfall expected across northeast Arkansas, northwest
Tennessee, and the Missouri Bootheel.
* Runoff from heavy rainfall may result in rapid rises in river,
stream, and creek levels. Widespread lowland flooding is
possible and poor drainage urban areas may experience street
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.