« View county listFire Weather Watch
Northern Black Hills-Northwestern South Dakota Plains-
Southern Black Hills-Southwestern South Dakota-Southern Campbell-
Northern Campbell-Crook and Weston County Plains-
Wyoming Black Hills-
240 PM MDT Mon Oct 23 2017
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
WEDNESDAY EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR
FIRE WEATHER ZONES 259...260...261...262...263...297...298 AND
The National Weather Service in Rapid City has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for gusty winds and low relative humidity, which is
in effect from Wednesday afternoon through Wednesday evening.
* Affected Area...Fire Weather Zones 259...260...261...262...
263...297...298 and 299.
* Winds...West 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Relative Humidity...As low as 11 percent.
* Temperatures...In the 70s.
* Impacts...The combination of gusty winds and low relative
humidity may produce critical fire weather conditions.
A fire weather watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
$$High Wind Warning
Harding-Perkins-Butte-Northern Meade Co Plains-Ziebach-
Pennington Co Plains-Haakon-Southern Meade Co Plains-
Including the cities of Buffalo, Lemmon, Bison, Belle Fourche,
Faith, Dupree, Wall, Philip, and Union Center
230 PM MDT Mon Oct 23 2017
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM MDT THIS
* WINDS...Northwest 30 to 45 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* TIMING...Strong winds will continue before diminishing around
* IMPACTS...Sudden wind gusts can cause drivers to lose control,
especially in lightweight or high profile vehicles. Strong
winds can cause blowing dust, reduced visibility, and flying
A high wind warning means 40 mph winds...or gusts over 60 mph...
are expected or occurring.