« View county listDense Fog Advisory
Southern Bristol MA-Southern Plymouth MA-Barnstable MA-Dukes MA-
Nantucket MA-Bristol RI-Washington RI-Newport RI-Block Island RI-
Including the cities of Fall River, New Bedford, Mattapoisett,
Chatham, Falmouth, Provincetown, Vineyard Haven, Nantucket,
Bristol, Narragansett, Westerly, Newport, and New Shoreham
1025 PM EDT Thu Apr 27 2017
...DENSE FOG ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM EDT FRIDAY...
* Location...South Coastal Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Including Cape Cod and the Islands
* Visibilities...One quarter mile or less at times.
* Impacts...Visibility in fog may change rapidly and drop to
below a quarter mile at times. Motorists are urged to use
caution and allow for extra travel time and distance between
A Dense Fog Advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile, for at least 3 hours. If
driving, slow down, use your headlights, and leave plenty of
distance ahead of you.
1051 PM EDT Thu Apr 27 2017
The National Weather Service in Taunton, MA has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Pawcatuck River At Westerly.
* until late tonight...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 10:00 PM Thursday the stage was 6.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 7.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to near flood stage
* Impact...At 7.0 feet...Minor lowland flooding occurs along the
Pawcatuck River. Along Route 3 in Hopkinton, floodwaters encroach
on lowest lying homes in French Village.
LAT...LON 4134 7189 4144 7188 4146 7177 4135 7174