« View county listFire Weather Warning
Central Mountains of Oregon-
1035 PM PDT Sun Jun 25 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 10 PM PDT
MONDAY FOR VERY HOT AND DRY CONDITIONS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE
...RED FLAG WARNING WILL EXPIRE AT 11 PM PDT THIS EVENING FOR
VERY HOT AND DRY CONDITIONS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 640...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Red Flag
Warning, which is in effect from 11 AM to 10 PM PDT Monday. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* AFFECTED AREA...In Oregon...Fire weather zone 640.
* TIMING...Thunderstorms will develop late Monday morning,
increasing Monday afternoon and evening.
* LIGHTNING ACTIVITY LEVEL...4 on Monday which means abundant
lightning is expected.
* PRECIPITATION...Storms on Monday will initially bring little
precipitation but will gradually become wet with some storms
producing moderate downpours.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly in
the grasses and shrubs. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.