« View county listSpecial Weather Statement
Western Siskiyou County-South Central Siskiyou County-
North Central and Southeast Siskiyou County-
Central Douglas County-Eastern Curry County and Josephine County-
Eastern Douglas County Foothills-Jackson County-
South Central Oregon Cascades-
Siskiyou Mountains and Southern Oregon Cascades-
Including the cities of Etna, Fort Jones, Happy Camp,
Mount Shasta, Dunsmuir, Mccloud, Tennant, Drain, Elkton,
Roseburg, Sutherlin, Green, Myrtle Creek, Canyonville, Glendale,
Grants Pass, Cave Junction, Steamboat, Toketee Falls, Medford,
Ashland, Crater Lake, Crescent Lake, Diamond Lake, Union Creek,
Howard Prairie, and Siskiyou Summit
308 PM PST Thu Feb 23 2017
...Potential for Heavy Snow for portions of the westside, the
Mountains and Northern California Sunday afternoon and night...
A strong storm is expected to produce moderate to heavy snow for
portions of the west side, the mountains and northern California
Sunday afternoon through Sunday night. Confidence has increased
that snow will occur, but uncertainty remains as to how much snow
will fall and how low snow levels will be.
The most likely locations for travel impacts will be Interstate 5
at Siskiyou Summit and in the Mount Shasta area, Highway 89 east
of Mount Shasta City and the Cascades passes in Oregon.
The higher passes on Interstate 5 between Grants Pass and
Canyonville could also be impacted Sunday afternoon and night.
Those planning to travel through southwest Oregon and Northern
California Sunday through Sunday night should monitor forecasts
and plan accordingly.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Central Douglas County-Jackson County-
959 PM PST Thu Feb 23 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM FRIDAY TO
10 AM PST SATURDAY...
* Snow accumulations...1 to 3 inches.
* Elevation...above 1500 feet.
* Timing...Snow showers will begin late Friday morning and
continue through Friday night. Snowfall rates will become
moderate to heavy Friday evening through Friday night.
* Locations include...Interstate 5 area between Sexton Mountain
Pass and Canyon Creek Pass...Oregon Route 227 near the Jackson
and Douglas County line...and Rural areas of southern Douglas
County and northern Jackson County.
* Impacts...Roads will become slippery. Blowing snow will reduce
* View the hazard area in detail at
* Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
* Carry tire chains and be prepared for snow covered roads and
* See weather.gov/Medford/Cams for latest road conditions.
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties.