« View county listFlash Flood Watch
Western Siskiyou County-Curry County Coast-
Eastern Curry County and Josephine County-
338 AM PDT Thu Oct 19 2017
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM PDT THIS MORNING
THROUGH THIS EVENING...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* The Chetco Bar burn area in southern Curry and western
Josephine Counties Oregon and the western portion of the Eclipse
Complex in western Siskiyou County. This does NOT include the
cities of Brookings, Harbor, Pistol River, or Happy Camp.
* From 8 AM PDT this morning through this evening
* Heavy rainfall and high rain rates across the burn scars is
* Ponding of water over roadways and debris flows will be
If you come across a flooded roadway, find an alternate route.
Turn around, don't drown.
Landslides and debris flows are possible during this flood event.
People, structures and roads located below steep slopes, in
canyons and near the mouths of canyons may be at serious risk
from rapidly moving landslides.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
$$High Surf Advisory
SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST-CURRY COUNTY COAST-
418 AM PDT THU OCT 19 2017
...HIGH SURF ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON
TO 11 PM PDT FRIDAY...
* WAVES AND SURF...WEST SWELL OF 20 FEET WITH 17 SECOND PERIOD
WILL RESULT IN BREAKERS 23 TO 26 FEET.
* TIMING...LATE THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING.
* IMPACTS...WAVE RUNUP ON BEACHES WILL BE MUCH HIGHER THAN
NORMAL. STAY OFF THE JETTIES. BAR CROSSINGS, JETTIES, AND THE
SURF ZONE WILL BE ESPECIALLY DANGEROUS DUE TO STRONG CURRENTS
AND BREAKING WAVE ACTION. USE EXTRA CAUTION ALONG THE COAST
AND ALWAYS KEEP AN EYE TO THE SEA.
* VIEW THE HAZARD AREA IN DETAIL AT
A HIGH SURF ADVISORY MEANS THAT HIGH SURF WILL AFFECT BEACHES IN
THE ADVISORY AREA, PRODUCING RIP CURRENTS AND LOCALIZED BEACH