« View county listWinter Storm Watch
South Central Oregon Cascades-
Including the city of Crater Lake
207 AM PDT Sun Apr 23 2017
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH MONDAY
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Winter Storm
Watch...which is in effect from this evening through Monday
* Snow accumulations...12 to 18 inches.
* Winds...West winds of 20 to 30 mph will create areas of blowing
and drifting snow and significant reductions to visibility at
* Elevation...The heaviest accumulations will occur above 5500
feet, although snow will fall as low as 4500 feet at times.
* Timing...Snow will begin this evening and become heavy at times
overnight into Monday. The heaviest snow will fall Monday
* Locations include...Crater Lake National Park. Although most of
the snow will occur inside the park, higher portions of highway
62, 138, and 230 may be affected at times.
* Impacts...Travel will become difficult or impossible due to
heavy, wet snow. Travelers planning to visit the park early this
week should be prepared for very hazardous winter-like
conditions. Do not be caught off guard by recent mild weather,
winter weather is still occurring in the high country.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow, sleet, or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.