« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
South Central Oregon Cascades-
Including the city of Crater Lake
308 PM PDT Wed Mar 22 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THURSDAY TO 11 AM
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for heavy, wet snow which is in effect from 11
PM Thursday to 11 AM PDT Friday.
* Snow accumulations...6 to 9 inches.
* Elevation...Above 5000 feet.
* Timing...Snow will begin around 5 pm, but the heaviest
accumulations will occur between 11 pm and 11 am before
* Locations include...Crater Lake Rim...Highway 62...Highway 232.
* Impacts...Heavy wet snow will make travel difficult for
vehicles. Be prepared for snow covered roads.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
* Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities.
* See weather.gov/Medford/Cams for latest road conditions.
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.