« View county listFire Weather Watch
335 PM CST Mon Feb 27 2017
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
TUESDAY EVENING FOR WINDY CONDITIONS... WARM TEMPERATURES AND LOW
RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR CENTRAL OKLAHOMA AND PARTS OF WESTERN NORTH
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a Fire Weather
Watch, which is in effect from Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday
* TIMING...Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday evening.
* WIND...West-southwest at 15 to 25 mph, with gusts to 35 mph.
* HUMIDITY...20 to 35 percent.
* TEMPERATURE...Mid 70s to low 80s.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
* OTHER IMPACTS... A wind shift will move across the area Tuesday
evening into Tuesday night with northwest winds 15-25 mph and
higher gusts. This could cause problems to any ongoing
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
Red Flag Warnings.