« View county listFlood Warning
841 PM CDT Sat Apr 22 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Illinois River at Chewey.
* until Sunday afternoon, or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:15 PM Saturday, the stage was 15.49 feet.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring but the river is falling.
* Forecast...The Illinois River at Chewey will continue falling to
below flood stage by late Sunday morning.
* Impact...At 15.0 feet, moderate flooding occurs from near Fidler's
Bend to near Hanging Rock. Moderate flooding of agricultural lands
may result in livestock issues. Travel around Hanging Rock is
impacted. Road access near the river is cut off to residential
homes southeast of Chewey Bridge. Access to Winset Hollow is cut
off. A few cabins in the Fidler's Bend area may have minor
flooding. Extreme turbulence makes the river too hazardous for
LAT...LON 3619 9472 3611 9471 3606 9481 3612 9487