« View county listFlood Warning
813 AM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017
...Flood Warning extended until Monday afternoon...
The Flood Warning continues for
The Canadian River near Bridgeport
* until Monday afternoon...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:30 AM Sunday the stage was 16.8 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Forecast...The Canadian River is near crest and will begin falling
early Sunday afternoon. The Canadian River will fall below flood
stage late Monday morning.
* Impact...At 17.0 feet...Flooding affects croplands...pastures...
and oil wells near the river. Flood plain fields at higher
elevations away from the river may be cut off from easy access by
high water in side channels. Sand dredging operations are affected.
Upstream points in southern Blaine County may see flooding before
the areas near Bridgeport in northern Caddo County. Downstream
points in southwestern Canadian County are affected hours later.
LAT...LON 3566 9863 3589 9863 3559 9832 3544 9793
3526 9793 3548 9847
Including the cities of Buffalo, Laverne, Alva, Shattuck, Arnett,
Gage, Fargo, Woodward, Fairview, Cheyenne, Hammon, Seiling, Vici,
Taloga, Leedey, Weatherford, Clinton, Watonga, Geary, Okeene,
Elk City, Sayre, Cordell, Burns Flat, Sentinel, Anadarko, Hinton,
Hollis, Mangum, Granite, Hobart, Snyder, Altus, Frederick,
Lawton, Duncan, Walters, Temple, Waurika, Ringling, Ryan, Quanah,
Crowell, Vernon, Sheppard AFB, Wichita Falls, Munday, Knox City,
Seymour, Archer City, Holliday, Lakeside City, Scotland,
332 AM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 8 PM CDT THIS
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from noon today to 8 PM CDT this
* TIMING...This afternoon and early evening.
* WINDS...Northwest winds 30 to 35 mph with gusts of 45 to 50 mph.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.