« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Northern Berkshire-Southern Berkshire-Southern Herkimer-
Southern Fulton-Montgomery-Schoharie-Western Schenectady-
Eastern Schenectady-Southern Saratoga-Western Albany-
Eastern Albany-Western Rensselaer-Eastern Rensselaer-
Western Greene-Eastern Greene-Western Columbia-Eastern Columbia-
Including the cities of Dalton, Hancock, Pittsfield, Florida,
North Adams, Sandisfield, Great Barrington, South Egremont,
Ilion, Herkimer, Little Falls, Mohawk, Frankfort, Dolgeville,
Gloversville, Johnstown, Amsterdam, Cobleskill, Breakabeen,
Gilboa, Livingstonville, Middleburgh, North Blenheim, Jefferson,
Mariaville, Delanson, Duanesburg, Schenectady, Rotterdam,
Burnt Hills, Ballston Spa, Mechanicville, Clifton Park,
Waterford, Westerlo, Altamont, Berne, Knox, Preston Hollow,
Albany, Troy, Berlin, Eagle Bridge, Hoosick Falls, Stephentown,
Hunter, Tannersville, Windham, Prattsville, Catskill, Coxsackie,
Athens, Cairo, Jefferson Heights, Hudson, New Lebanon,
Ellenville, Woodstock, West Hurley, West Shokan, Kerhonkson,
Napanoch, and Sundown
254 PM EDT Thu Mar 23 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 2 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow, sleet and freezing rain which is in
effect from 6 AM to 2 PM EDT Friday.
* LOCATIONS...The eastern Catskills, Schoharie Valley, Greater
Capital Region, Mohawk Valley, northern and central Taconics,
* HAZARD TYPES...Snow, Sleet and Freezing Rain.
* Snow and Sleet Accumulations...Snow and Sleet accumulations of
a few tenths of an inch to up to 1 inch.
* Ice Accumulations...Trace to less than a tenth of an inch.
* TIMING...Snow will initially overspread the region before
daybreak, then quickly transition to sleet and freezing rain by
the late morning. Temperatures continue to rise above freezing
in the early afternoon changing the mixed precipitation to
* IMPACTS...Slippery travel conditions due to snow or ice covered
roads during the morning commute into the early afternoon.
* Winds...South 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures...In the 20s to lower 30s rising above freezing in
the late morning into the afternoon.
* Visibilities...Less than a mile or less at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while