« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Northern Berkshire-Southern Berkshire-Southern Herkimer-
Southern Fulton-Montgomery-Schoharie-Western Schenectady-
Eastern Schenectady-Southern Saratoga-Western Albany-
Eastern Albany-Western Rensselaer-Eastern Rensselaer-
Western Greene-Eastern Greene-Western Columbia-Eastern Columbia-
Including the cities of Dalton, Hancock, Pittsfield, Florida,
North Adams, Sandisfield, Great Barrington, South Egremont,
Ilion, Herkimer, Little Falls, Mohawk, Frankfort, Dolgeville,
Gloversville, Johnstown, Amsterdam, Cobleskill, Breakabeen,
Gilboa, Livingstonville, Middleburgh, North Blenheim, Jefferson,
Mariaville, Delanson, Duanesburg, Schenectady, Rotterdam,
Burnt Hills, Ballston Spa, Mechanicville, Clifton Park,
Waterford, Westerlo, Altamont, Berne, Knox, Preston Hollow,
Albany, Troy, Berlin, Eagle Bridge, Hoosick Falls, Stephentown,
Hunter, Tannersville, Windham, Prattsville, Catskill, Coxsackie,
Athens, Cairo, Jefferson Heights, Hudson, New Lebanon,
Ellenville, Woodstock, West Hurley, West Shokan, Kerhonkson,
Napanoch, and Sundown
404 AM EDT Fri Mar 24 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM EDT THIS
* LOCATIONS...The eastern Catskills, Schoharie Valley, Greater
Capital Region, Mohawk Valley, northern and central Taconics,
* HAZARD TYPES...Snow, Sleet and Freezing Rain.
* Snow and Sleet Accumulations...Snow and Sleet accumulations of a
few tenths of an inch in valley areas, and up to an inch across
higher elevations, especially across the Berkshires.
* Ice Accumulations...Trace to up to a tenth of an inch, with the
greatest amounts across the western Mohawk Valley.
* TIMING...Snow will overspread the region between 8 and 10 AM
this morning, then quickly transition to sleet and freezing
rain by the late morning. Temperatures continue to rise above
freezing in the early afternoon changing the mixed precipitation
to plain rain.
* IMPACTS...Slippery travel conditions due to snow or ice
covered roads during the morning commute into the early
* Winds...South 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures...In the upper 20s to lower 30s this morning,
rising above freezing in the late morning into the afternoon.
* Visibilities...Less than a mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while