« View county listLakeshore Flood Warning
927 PM EST SAT NOV 18 2017
...LAKESHORE FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM SUNDAY TO
1 AM EST MONDAY...
* LOCATIONS...NORTHERN CAYUGA, OSWEGO, AND JEFFERSON COUNTIES.
* LAKE SHORE FLOODING...VERY STRONG WEST WINDS WILL DEVELOP
BEHIND A COLD FRONT LATE TONIGHT AND BECOME NORTHWEST AND
CONTINUE THROUGH THE DAY SUNDAY INTO SUNDAY NIGHT. THE STRONG
WINDS AND BUILDING WAVES WILL COMBINE WITH ABOVE NORMAL LAKE
LEVELS TO INCREASE SHORELINE EROSION.
* TIMING...FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH OVERNIGHT SUNDAY NIGHT.
* IMPACTS...A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN SHORELINE EROSION,
ESPECIALLY IN AREAS WHERE THE LAKESHORE IS UNSTABLE FOLLOWING
THE EROSION FROM EARLIER IN THE YEAR. SOME MINOR LAKESHORE
FLOODING IS POSSIBLE IN BAYS AND INLETS.
A LAKESHORE FLOOD WARNING MEANS LAKESHORE FLOODING IS OCCURRING,
IS IMMINENT, OR IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR. PEOPLE IN THE WARNING AREA
SHOULD TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY. LISTEN
TO LOCAL RADIO...TELEVISION...OR NOAA WEATHER RADIO FOR FURTHER
Northern Oneida-Yates-Seneca-Southern Cayuga-Onondaga-Steuben-
Including the cities of Boonville, Penn Yan, Seneca Falls,
Auburn, Syracuse, Corning, Hornell, Watkins Glen, Elmira, Ithaca,
Hamilton, Oneida, Rome, Utica, Cortland, Norwich, Oneonta, Owego,
Waverly, Binghamton, Delhi, Walton, Monticello, Sayre, Towanda,
Hallstead, Montrose, Damascus, Equinunk, Tunkhannock, Scranton,
Hazleton, Wilkes-Barre, Milford, and Honesdale
1208 AM EST Sun Nov 19 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM EARLY THIS MORNING
TO 5 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...
* LOCATIONS...All of central New York and northeast Pennsylvania.
* WINDS...West 20 to 30 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph.
* TIMING...Early this morning through late this afternoon.
* TEMPERATURES...In the upper 30s.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
Wind advisories are issued when sustained wind speeds of at
greater than 30 mph and/or wind gusts over 45 mph are expected.
Winds of this magnitude could cause minor damage to trees, power
lines and weaker structures. Persons in the advisory area should
secure all loose objects. If you are traveling through the
advisory area keep a firm grip on the wheel, especially for those
driving high profile vehicles.
$$Winter Storm Watch
Including the cities of Fair Haven and Oswego
927 PM EST Sat Nov 18 2017
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH MONDAY EVENING...
* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow possible from Sunday afternoon
through Monday evening. Plan on difficult travel conditions,
including during the morning commute on Monday. Total snow
accumulations of 5 to 9 inches are possible in the most
persistent lake snows.
* WHERE...Northern Cayuga and Oswego counties.
* WHEN...From Sunday afternoon through Monday evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds gusting as high as 40 mph will
cause areas of blowing and drifting snow.
Narrow bands of heavy snow could impact portions of the region.
Localized travel problems will be possible.